Omega Simulation Co., Ltd. was established in April 1997 on the basis of the know-how of plant control system by Yokogawa Electric Corporation and the process simulation technology by Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
We are contributing to development of plant operation through simulation technology. As our company name, OMEGA, represents a meaning of "the ultimate," we will make further efforts to produce the best simulation for plant operation.
Omega Simulation Co., Ltd. (OSC)
- April 1, 1997
- "Kosugi-bldg. Nishiwaseda", 2F,
2-20-9, Nishi-waseda, Shinjuku-ku,
- 50,000,000 yen
85.1% by Yokogawa Electric Corporation (YHQ),
14.9% by Mitsui Chemicals, Inc. (MCI)
- Mizuho Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Jointly started developing Plantutor, a training simulator system, by taking advantage of the know-how of YHQ's plant control systems and MTC's physical property and other technical calculation methods for the chemical industries.
(YHQ: Yokogawa Electric Corporation; MTC: Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals Inc., present Mitsui Chemicals Inc.)
- Started sales of Plantutor released by YHQ and Visual Modeler by MTC.
- Established Omega Simulation Co., Ltd., a joint venture between YHQ and MTC.
- Started sales of OmegaLand
- Started sales of OmegaEduPack, the chemical engineers and operators.
Set up OmegaDesk which provides technical support to users.
- Visual Modeler received the SCEJ Technology Award. (SCEJ: The Society of Chemical Engineers, Japan)
- Started sales of Visual Modeler V2 providing both dynamic and steady state simulations.
- Started developing Mirror Plant system, the on-line application of Visual Modeler
- Mirror Plant received the SICE Technology Award. (SICE: The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers)